[Rhodes22-list] Left vs. Right (politics)

Jim Bunnell jbunnell@mac.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:05:44 -0500

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 08:04  PM, John Tonjes wrote:

> Jim,
> Yes, we are a free wheeling group and anyone that can offend all of us
> is certainly welcome. So, what are you currently sailing and where are
> you located?
>
> Rummy

Rummy - I'm shivering in Southfield, Michigan - a suburb of Detroit.
There isn't ANYBODY sailing up here now!

I've been involved in small sailboats most of my life (57 years) - but
mostly day sailing and  just "messing about."  Sarted with a homebuilt
8' pram - currently have a Newport 16 (cuddy cabin, keel). Nice sailor,
but I'd like to start coasting the Great Lakes with my kids (daughter,
12 - son, 7). I want something I can singlehand but large enough for
the three of us. The Rhodes seems ideal; besides, its just a bit
different from all those look-a-likes on the water, which appeals to
me. My only other thought is to build one of Phil Bolger's smaller
cruisers, but I'd rather sail than build....

Jim