[Rhodes22-list] GPS selection

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:59:42 -0500

Bob,
    Have you checked into the Magellan Gold or Platinum?  From the
articles I seen, they are now ahead of Garmin.

    I recently got a Platinum, but its primary purpose is mountain
hiking.  It performs very well in rugged terrain.  Past GPS were useless
in valleys in the mountains.  This thing is locking onto satellites in
my living room.

    In either case, if you are looking for a reliable internet order
place, I have had good results from:

http://www.selectzone.com

These guys may not be the cheapest, but they are competitive.
                        Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Bob Weber
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 11:41 AM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] GPS selection

Bob, I got the Garmin 76 for christmas this year,  It has the vmg
feature.
I have been playing with it all winter trying to learn the best uses of
it.
I think it will help my racing results as long as I have someone who can

sail the boat while I fiddle with the toy.  Another feature that I think

will be useful is the bearing to the mark, so I can in theory know when
tack inorder to make the mark.  The fact that it floats was the final
selling feature for this sailor.  I have made enough sacrifices to
posiden.

Bob W.