[Rhodes22-list] Installation of trim ring on forward ports

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk@trw.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:53:49 -0500

I am thinking about re-bedding my forward ports (small leak) Any details you would like to share?

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary

>>> kfiske@erols.com 02/26/03 02:00PM >>>
I'm rebedding the forward ports. The trim ring on the original installation was just held in place by the silicone sealant between it and the fiberglass surface of the cabin top exterior surface. I've been thinking about using some screws through the trim ring when I reinstall the port. Have any of you folks rebedded these ports & did you use any fasteners in addition to the silicone?  Thanks for the info.
Marc