[Rhodes22-list] Dimension on rigging

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:06:19 -0500

J,

Well a rough guess......

You want the cable with block to hang low enough for you to reach and high
enough to allow you to raise boom. I think I have to stand on the cockpit
bench to reach block but it has been a while since I had to rethread line.
You don't want to have to go up the mast to rethread line right?

The mast is 26 ft., but with the boom in the highest position it is closer
to 22 feet or so (I am guessing here). The boom is about 9 or 10 feet give
or take.... 30 feet is going to be long, 16 - 18 sounds short. I would guess
at about 19 or 20 feet. It would be better to err on the long side, you
could always shorten.

MJM - There is no excess to cleat, the cable has a block at the end. I have
a line about 6 feet or so in length attached at the aft end of the boom.
This line goes a couple a feet up to the block and back. It is then secured
in a cleat on the aft end of the boom.

Good luck,

Wally