[Rhodes22-list] Questions

Robert Quinn rjquinn@bellsouth.net
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:17:22 -0500

Jim:  We have the Yamaha 9.9 4 Stroke long shaft with the high thrust prop.
It keeps our two batteries charged with no problems.  (I've use our battery
charger maybe three or four times in nearly ten years.)   For the Florida
inlets it is great.

For most waters it is probably overkill.  Stan moves a demo boat in NC using
an electric trolling motor with no problems.  A 5, 6, or 8 HP with an extra
long shaft should be fine.  I watched a fellow almost kill himself trying to
use a standard shaft engine on an R22.  I would not recommend going in that
direction.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"