[ham] [Rhodes22-list] Questions

R22RumRunner@aol.com R22RumRunner@aol.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 06:34:17 EST

Jim,
We have this debate/discussion on the lists about which is the best motor
whenever someone new comes on to the list and asks which motor to buy.
Yes, the four strokes are environmentally cleaner and they do run quieter,
when they run.
I know of four owners with the 8hp Tohatsu that swear by their two stroke
motors, not at them. They start always, run efficiently and weight fifty
pounds which is a lot lighter then a four stroke. If you are getting Stan;s
motor lift, I would recommend getting the electric start. Starting it with
the pull start is awkward.
The only part of the country that I know of where two strokes are a problem
is in California. That's primarily because all the lakes and reservoirs are
used for drinking water by local municipalities.