[ham] [Rhodes22-list] Questions

Jim Connolly jbconnolly@speakeasy.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:54:23 -0500

Thanks to all for information.  A few more clarifications.

MJM and Bob, if you run the 9.9 the weight of the T-8 isn't likely to be
problem, but it seems that it exceeds a weight limit I saw (once, somewhere,
but can't find now) for the GB motor lift. Stan didn't warn me against it,
but didn't endorse the T-8 either.  Have you had any problems with the 9.9
on the GB lift?

Also, just to be clear, is the standard 7:1 motor lift the best match for a
20" shaft motor?  If I got a XL (25") shaft, would I have to tilt the motor
to clear the water with the motor lift up or would I still need to get Stan
to extend the motor lift?

With the standard GB furler, do you have to drop the furler (and forestay)
to change sails? (thought I saved the answer to this but I can't find it)

According to NOAA data, "average" wind in Boston area is 10-13 mph during
sailing season vs. 8-10 mph for Bridgeport CT. If I had to pick *one*
furling genoa for the next couple of years, would a 150% (if one were
available) be more versatile than a 175%.

Thanks
Jim Connolly