[Rhodes22-list] New Year's Insanity

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 01:05:16 -0600

Wally,
OK, the bass it is--only four strings and only one note at a time...easy!

Saroj,  Yeah, you'll have to move here to Minnesota but don't worry--all
those stories you've heard about our winters are all lies.  Right now we
have the same amount of snow as Hawaii.

As for skills, you'll need to remember the lyrics to the song you're singing
while three people are screaming in one ear to play some AC/DC and two
others screaming in the other ear to do some Kenny Rogers.  All this, while
some moron insists on "jamming along with you" on the piano and his friends
think it's funny when he spills his Black Russian on the keys.  Then you'll
have to keep your cool when some one calls you a moron because you refuse to
do "Close To You" by the Carpenters.  You'll also have to come to the rescue
of the female vocalist when some asshole comes up to her and says, "Play
Sinatra, bitch, or I'll twist your tits off!"  (That really happened!)

Then there are the drinking requirements.  This is where Wally and Rummy
might have the edge :-)   This is where the rubber meets the road and I need
pros--strictly pros.  How many drinks can you have and still sing "Old Time
Rock and Roll?"   We'll give you plenty of latitude on this one.  It doesn't
have to be perfect.  You just have to make the other drinkers, i.e.
audience, think we're all having a great time.  Easy, eh?

Slim