[Rhodes22-list] Pamlico Sound Sailors?

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:51:09 -0500

Alex,
     Did you mean 'surf' not 'turf' ????  Do you have a captain's
license?
                   Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Alex Bell
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 4:07 PM
To: kroposki@innova.net; The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Pamlico Sound Sailors?

Ed,

Actually, Pamlico Sound and Oriental are our turf (?). The Neuse River
runs into Pamlico Sound at it's mouth, which is 8 1/2 miles wide. Up
near New Bern, and just outside our creek, it's a mere 3 miles wide.
It's a really spirited sailing area, as Paul Clevenger can attest to.
Two years ago, we had a group of 5 Rhodes 22's here for the Memorial Day
weekend. It was a nice get together. Some people have touted the idea of
sailing downriver to Oriental, and that would be quite a trip. Not sure
it's just a weekend sail since it's about 22 miles on the Neuse. Perhaps
traileriing to Oriental and sailing on the Sound might be fun. Maybe the
R22's could go up into creeks above the bridges. Don't know the bridge
clearance offhand.

Alex Bell
New Bern