[Rhodes22-list] UPS (sail) Question

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 19:36:00 -0500

Wally,
I think Tom hit the nail on the head with his last sentence. The rope luff
of the UPS is going to have more give than the forestay and it won't be
holding up your mast besides. If you read all their literature, the cut of
the sail is very different from a genoa. The "furler that it's on is really
not more than a couple of swivels with a spool at the bottom for the
furling line. We toyed with not getting the furler but I think we will even
though we always have a deck ape (me).

Mary Lou