[Rhodes22-list] Alex - Pamlico Sound Sailors

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:18:02 -0500

Alex,
	The reason I asked is that next august I plan to be spending a
week on Topsail Island.  I was thinking of trying to find a bigger
rental sailboat with captain to take some relatives out one day.
      The only place I know of right now is out Washington, NC.  I've
been to oriental.  I wasn't convinced that they are really the sailing
capital of North Carolina.  I've been thru New Bern a couple of times.
Do you know of any captained sailboats available for one day trips in
your area?  By trip I mean 6 to 8 hours sailing, 4 to 6 people.
                            Ed K
-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Bell [mailto:alexbell@coastalnet.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 1:46 PM
To: kroposki@innova.net
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Pamlico Sound Sailors?

Ed,

No Captain's license. And we're inside the Outer Banks, so no surf. So
I'm thinking turf. We just drove down to Oriental yesterday to show a
friend from Michiigan the lay of the land. It was about 65, with warm
sun. Gee, it aint perfect, but much closer than some places as places to
live go.

Steve lives in Petoskey, MI, and is headed back today. Not sure what the
weather is up there today, but I would guess it's not warmer than 30. I
like that.

Alex

Kroposki wrote:

> Alex,
>      Did you mean 'surf' not 'turf' ????  Do you have a captain's
> license?
>                    Ed K

Day
> weekend. It was a nice get together. Some people have touted the idea
of
> sailing downriver to Oriental, and that would be quite a trip. Not
sure
> it's just a weekend sail since it's about 22 miles on the Neuse.
Perhaps