[Rhodes22-list] Wally's Spinnaker

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:45:14 -0500

Ed,

I fly a Spinnaker on my Bantam so using the Spinnaker is not a problem. If
you can fly one solo on a 14 ft planning dingy you can fly one on a R22.  I
will let my wife take the helm and handle the foredeck. On my Bantam I can
raise and lower while the tiller is lashed.

I didn't want to spend money on sheets and halyards when I wasn't working. I
convinced my wife that buying the boat was a good idea and I wouldn't have
to spend a bunch of money right away. Well, I then added the expense of two
batteries, charger, a solar vent, a GB mast Hoist System, Inflatable, Spot
Lights, Hand Held Radio, Cambridge Speakers ....well lest just say that the
Spinnaker had to wait.

I have a Symmetrical for the R22 and I can't remember the brand. The rest of
my sails are Quantum (very nice) but this one isn't. It might be Doyle. I am
not sure of the weight off hand either but it is in great shape and is blue
and white with red trim. I also have a pole, and the rear blocks for the
sheets. I should have some pics in a few weeks, just looking for the best
price on running rigging. I also want to replace some of my existing running
rigging as well. The price really adds up quick.

Wally