[Rhodes22-list] Alex - Pamlico Sound Sailors

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:47:11 -0500

Alex,
     The information is helpful.  The problem of searching is all the
non sailboats.  Any phone numbers or internet addresses that you can
locate would be helpful.  Thank you.
                             Ed K

Ed,

There's an Irwin 40+ out of Northwest Creek Marina called Nirvana that
goes out on day charters. There are a lot of boats that go out of
Beaufort and Morehead City. That's at Beaufort Inlet, and Cape Lookout,
so you would be sailing on the Atlantic.

I looked in the yellow pages for New Bern and there's no listings. You
might call the Morehead City and Beaufort Chamber of Commerce for
information as to boat charters. I can find out more about Nirvana, but
I think she goes out on the Neuse River and downriver. That's not
getting out too far.

 Washington is way up on Pamlico River like New Bern is on the Neuse, so
boats would not be in open sailing area. But it would be a nice place to
sail. Looks like Topsail Beach is much closer to Wilmington, and there's
places down there that have charters, but I'm not aware of what's there.
Maybe an internet search would find something.

Alex