[Rhodes22-list] Need to know the level of interest in the Doy le UPS

Eaton, Gil GEaton@IKON.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 07:49:55 -0500

	Hi Mary Lou,
	This sounds like too much fun to pass up, I'm interested.  See you
at the show on Saturday.
	gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Lou Troy [mailto:mltroy@netreach.net]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 11:35 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Cc: a.jayf@verizon.net
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Need to know the level of interest in the Doyle
UPS

OK folks, I think we're approaching fish or cut bait time.

Jay has talked to Stan and is waiting for a call back from Doyle Offshore
about a discount on a group order on their UPS sail. We'll also be talking
to Doyle City Island at the AC boat show this weekend. Jay has talked to
Stan about the hardware mounting and we hope to have that sorted out in the
next week or so.  Recent quotes for this sail in the past year have ranged
from $900 to $1093 including the Harken mini-furler from different Doyle
lofts.  We're looking at using the dimensions used successfully for Tom
Deliberto's sail: .9 oz cloth, 240 sq. ft. and hoping to get some sort of a
discount.

So who is interested? It's not a commitment yet but we need a likely
head(sail)count to use in talking to the lofts. You can email me privately
or answer on the list.

Info on the UPS sail is available on the Rhodes Owners site at
http://www.rhodes22.org/upssail/index.html
and the Doyle sites http://www.doylesails.com/sails-ups.htm  and
http://www.doylecaribbean.com/ups.htm (nice diagram of the sail).

Mary Lou