[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint Revisited

Bob Weber ruba1811@hotmail.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:20:15 -0600

Hi All, I did check the always helpful FAQs for an answer but it didnt
address my situation.  I have one season on a single coat of GB applied
antifoul.  The boat was launched and un launched about ten times last year
and the antifoul has come off in areas where it contacted the bunks.  The
rest of the bottom seems to have another year left in it (crud came off
great with a power washer this fall)  My question is 1) What kind of
preperation do I need to do to the "bald" spots to apply antifoul.  2) Do I
need to match paints with the existing antifoul (not brands but types) 3) If
I get ambitious and want to do the whole thing what kind of prepartion do I
need to do to the existing coat.  Thanks in advance, and also Thanks again
to Tom Evens for the FAQs - Very helpful.
Bob Weber