[Rhodes22-list] CB Pendant Tube Leak

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:32:30 -0500

Oops... If the boat is in the water, the water level is ABOVE the bottom of
the tube.  Unless you are confident you can be quick, I don't think
replacing the tube is an 'in the water' repair.

I'd first check to see if the tube has come loose at the top.  Then check to
see if the pennant has worn through the tube, indicating replacement.  Hope
it is one of these...  ;^)

-----Original Message-----
From: R22RumRunner@aol.com [mailto:R22RumRunner@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 4:16 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] CB Pendant Tube Leak

Wally,
Thank you for allowing me to have a decent peiod of mouring before you
remind me of the terrible loss.
The top of the pennant tube IS NOT easily accessed. By cutting a hole in the
fiberglass you will be able to get to the top of the tube and install a hose
clamp. I'mm 99.9% sure this is where your leak is. Steve Little had the same
problem and this was his fix. As for where the water level is, I don't
really know. Go ahead and cut the hose and tell us the results on Monday. :)

Rummy