[Rhodes22-list] bow spit

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:27:52 -0500

Michael,

  How will you tack the UPS with the forestay just behind it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Meltzer [mailto:mjm@michaelmeltzer.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 10:23 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] bow spit

I have a idea that I also know I do not have the skills to evaluate or
design.

I saw the UPS sail at the AC boat show, it nice but I would like to mount it
infrount of the current forestay, I have an idea for a short anchor
roller/bow spit that would solve this problem. Any option and knowing most
of the cost with the fabrication is design(cutting files, bending lay-up
etc..) any volunteers (Rodger warren, david etc), my hope is to get it to
the point that dwyer(or like) can knock them out for a resonable price.

MJM

PS. my bad artwork is attached.