[Rhodes22-list] V-lines and saftety line arrangements in slips

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:33:24 -0500

Burt,

I believe it's  1x19 1/8" stainless which would use Davis #252 (1/8) and
sold in 6' length at $1.39 each. At that price, you can cover all 6
shrouds. If you haven't got a spreader boot, or spreader rollers, I'd
suggest that you add that to your shopping list.
With the big jib, it can't hurt and does help us get the jib past the
spreaders/stays.

Someone has suggested that you can use plastic plumbing pipe as a
spreader "roller" that will help get the jib over. I used to use those
golf club dividers (plastic tubes that golf clubs would slide into and
prevent tangling in the old bags) but have not seen them for years.

The Loos tension guage is the answer to the tension adjustment, but I
wonder if there is a proper listing of prefered tensions for each
shroud?

Alex