[Rhodes22-list] Hackers

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:08:43 -0600

Mac users,

I'm not really much of a computer expert but I'm wondering if I'm leaving
myself open to hackers.  I use the broadband service (Road Runner) and I'm
always online.  I have no firewall.  I don't even use any virus protection
because I have a Mac...so far, I've never been hit.

I've been looking at Lavasoft's Ad Aware anti spyware stuff and I was
wondering if any of you have any comments on this.  I don't know if it even
runs on Mac.

Of course I have all my file sharing stuff turned off, but...?

I wouldn't want anyone to gain access to all of the very sensitive
information I have on my computer such as the lyrics to a thousand dirty
songs.  :-)

Slim