[Rhodes22-list] Hackers

Jay Friedland a.jayf@verizon.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:50:10 -0500

Steve-
A quick response as a Mac user, as I checked based on your concern.
With Jaguar (OS 10.2.3), there is a built-in firewall under System
Preferences/Networking/Advanced. If you're using Airport (router), I
understand there is a scrambler that prevents access, also with
advanced settings. Neither is a default setting. Viruses are still
minimal compared to PC world-few hundred, that Norton Anti-virus or
Viruscan  can prevent with monthly updates.

I'll be pursuing these settings. If you have additional questions, I
may be able to check things on  my end.
Regards,
Jay