[Rhodes22-list] Winterizing boat

Kari Day karihazen@yahoo.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:23:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

My husband Joe & I purchased a 1999 R22 this past
August. We  keep the Daydreamer in a slip on Lake Ray
Hubbard, which is just northeast of Dallas, TX. We
have been happily sailing her this winter as the
temperatures have been mild. However there is a
predicted hard freeze (low 20s) for tomorrow evening
with Friday's temps climbing back into  the 50s. The
motor is completely out of the water. Is there
anything else that we should do to prepare for our
mini cold-blast? I have searched through some of the
archives, but not seen this topic of discussion.

Thanks for a great web site and discussion group. We
read up on several topics before deciding which
options to purchase. Your towing tips from the towing
discussion thread were very helpful.

Regards,
Kari Day