[Rhodes22-list] Winterizing boat

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:48:51 -0500

Kari,

I was always told to leave the motor in the water unless danger of the water
freezing. The water temp is warmer than the air temp and this will help keep
your lower unit from freezing. If you have water in your tank you might want
to empty but I really doubt you would have a problem with just one night of
a light freeze.

My boat is in a slip now with the motor in the water. We have had many hard
freezes and it fired up this weekend and last with no problem. I  emptied my
water tank over Thanksgving.

Good luck!

Wally