[Rhodes22-list] bolt rope or sail slides

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk@trw.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:48:45 -0500

Thanks,
that answers my question.

Bob
Knot Necessary

>>> salm@mn.rr.com 01/15/03 05:02PM >>>
Bob,
Yes, you can have the sliders installed on your sail.  You'll have to send
your sail off to a sail loft to put in grommets just behind the bolt rope.
Then the sliders are just shackled in.  When we made this retrofit on our
previous boat, I discovered that I needed some experimentation with
different sizes of sliders.  Once I found the right size, the sail went up
and down very easily.  Since this enabled us to leave the sail furled on the
mast, (also get a little slide stopper to prevent the sliders from dropping
all the way down and out the gate) we also had the sail loft make us a main
sail cover.  With these improvements, we never had to take the main off and
stow it every time.  It makes getting under way and putting the boat to bed
much quicker.
Slim

On 1/15/03 1:40 PM, "Robert Dilk" <Robert.Dilk@trw.com> wrote:

> dumb question time.
>
> If I have a mainsail with a bolt rope that  threads up the mast slot. =
Can I