[Rhodes22-list] R22.org Website

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:29:00 -0500

Will,

  I really like left-side navigation, and I think with some reorganization
it will make sense again. Here is another potential organization adding
other areas of the site. As you said before, show subcategories when you
open the parent, close them when you go to another parent:

Home  (Statement of purpose, News, Descriptions of areas within the site)
Discussion
Photos (a few pictures of various boats and classes)
   Rhodes 22 (general pics)
      Exterior
      Interior
      Owners (or friends, since not all are owners)
      Technical
   Rhodes 18
   Rhodes 19  (with links to R19 sites)
   Classics
   (Add other rhodes designs as we get critical mass... )
Documentation
   Topic area list (sorry, not going to repeat it here).  Alternatively,
break the rule for the FAQ because of the sheer number of topics.  Open the
FAQ and show the list on the right... click to open the topics.  But, each
page should continue to show the full left-side navigation so people can
quickly get to any area of the site.

Each of these areas should have the same overall navigation scheme and
look/feel.  That means that the Discussion, FAQ, and Documentation sections
should also incorporate the overall navigation style, color scheme, etc.

The challenge is to make it a single coherent design for all areas. Make
sure you