[Rhodes22-list] Taxes & Politics

Robert Quinn rjquinn@bellsouth.net
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:51:53 -0500

Stan/Alex:  I love this string of thoughts.  If someone is upset about or
doesn't like this stuff, they should hit delete.  In the meantime it is
interesting to see how different people view the world.

At the present time our business is in dire straights because Congress is
withholding fund increases and allowing BBA of '97 cuts to go through for
the Medicare program.  The Balanced Budget Act of 1997 put a crimp in
Medicare spending.  While well intentioned we now have physicians,
hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and home health agencies in financial
jeopardy.  Physicians, in some areas, are refusing to admit new Medicare
patients.  Hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and home health agencies
depend on Medicare for survival.  At present that survival is jeopardized.

We are looking at severe cutbacks in personnel - those left will have to
carry the load.  This will impact patient care.  What the Government is
doing is forcing all medical providers to become "managed care providers."
We give you X, it is your business as to treatment patterns - give too much
treatment and you are bust.

Wow.