[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22s on Lake Hartwell, Anderson, SC

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:45:21 -0500

Julie:
      Black is hot in the sunny south.  A lite color would be better.
How about shocking pink?  In the middle of the afternoon in summer you
can sail with a bimini up on Hartwell.  A worthwhile add on.
      And you will probably want to talk to the guys from Tenn. And
Ark., to find out how to run a generator while sailing, as coming from
the mountains you will want to get A/C, also.
      The heat doesn't bother Rummy because he sails with a supply of
ice.
                                                          Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Julie Shuck
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 8:20 AM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Cc: bob
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22s on Lake Hartwell, Anderson, SC

Thanks for the reply.  Stan told us to look you up on Hartwell.  We are
very
anxious to get down south but are in the process of selling a house in
the
Woodstock NY area.  Hopefully that will happen shortly.  We are very
excited
about living on the Lake and also very happy that the level is up a lot.
We
were down the end of Dec and looked a lot better.  Actually we are going
be in Anderson again the end of this week to meet with our builder and
whatnot.

We are just in the beginning stages of our boat purchase and are looking
for
mostly a day sailor with some ability to get out of the sun, since I do
not
do sun well.   so if you have any suggestions and recommendations for us
about the Rhodes 22 would very much appreciate hearing about them from
you.
At the moment, we are stuck on the color, believe that or not.  At first
we
were thinking RED, and Stan said he did not think that Hartwell had a
Red
Rhodes but now we are kinda leaning toward Black, with a red stripe and
black bottom.  What color is your boat??  We are planning to put a dock
on
the lake by our house and are presently looking for one that could
provide
some kind of shelter for the deck, with an awning or something like
that.

Looking forward to hearing more about the Rhodes and meeing you sometime
soon.  thanks Julie