colors RE: [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22s on Lake Hartwell, Anderson, SC

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:09:36 -0500

Julie,
Not sure but I think Stan paints all the Rhodes 22s. Paint seems to hold
it's color better than gelcoat. Fretless is a recycled Rhodes 22. She was
originally blue and we had her painted white (there's a novel idea ;-) )
when she was recycled 5 years ago. Still looks like new (ignore the dirty
spot on her side) http://www.kaynor.org/Rhendezvous/mdscf0005.jpg

There's a great shot of various colors and canvas combinations of R22s at
http://www.kaynor.org/Rhendezvous/mdscf0033.jpg  as Mark said in his
caption "Blue hulls to port, black hulls to starboard - that's just the way
it worked out".

If you haven't seen them there are a couple of pics of an OLD red R22 at
http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/pics/JimHartig1.jpg and
http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/pics/JimLinda1.jpg  I suspect they had her
repainted because it really looks good.

One hint - Don't agonize too much over your decision. the boat will be
great no matter what!

Best wishes & good luck!
Mary Lou