[Rhodes22-list] Job Training, Education & Skills

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:34:30 -0800 (PST)

Rik,

Your post about people expecting more reminded me of a
bar conversation I accidently ended up in during the
1992 Presidential race.  My best buddy and I were
hotly debating some really important economic issues
in a bar outside St. Louis and the whole world was
anxiously awaiting our solutions.  A stranger next to
me interjected himself into our discussion with this
pithy comment, "I'm not voting for Bush because of the
economy.  It used to be a man could get a job
anywhere.  Now they expect him to have an education or
training".  My buddy and I looked at each other and
started laughing, then high-tailed it out of their
because this guy was serious and mad.  Oh well!

Brad Haslett