[Rhodes22-list] Free Education

General Boats wwrhodes@rhodes22.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:51:47 -0500

I think you are on to something: "easy in - hard out".  As you may have guessed
from my view of the world, I came from a poor family.  If I had not been allowed
to go to a midwestern engineering school and eastern graduate business school
100% free, your boat would have given you even more trouble than it does now. Of
course, I would have given you less trouble. In fact, I think the dumbing down
of America is intentional - it muzzles we trouble makers.  But it is killing us.
small manufacturers.  We are down to a few employees and I had to go to Bulgaria
to get the best of these. Yet there is not a day that goes by that some poor
soul, out of work for months, knocks on our door for a job - but doesn't know
how many eighths of an inch are in an inch and is forced to keep knocking on
other doors and leave us understaffed.  .

stan/gbi

PS:  Re Cuba.  If your facts are correct, intuitively I say that in the long run
it could  make them a power house; but we will stop that by hiring them under an
H1B program.  (In fact I spoke to a young Cuban on the phone and almost got him
to come here under the green card lottery he had won.  Unfortunately I lost out
to another business.)