[Rhodes22-list] Actual Rhodes Question - electrical systems

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:19:34 -0500

Some day it will warm up again and I can get started on moving my old fuse
box to a new location. It looks like many have fuse box over the galley. Any
other good locations?

My current box uses fuses; do most of you go with fuses or circuit breakers?
The fuse route seems to be less expensive but when trouble shooting problems
a circuit breaker makes things easier. Any opinions here?

The wires that go into the current fuse box are too short and I am guessing
they are original. My boat is an 84. I would like to replace all of the
current wire. I will use old wire to pull new wire. Do the cabin light wires
through the headliner pull easy? I plan on using high quality marine grade
wire and marine fittings.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,

Wally