[Rhodes22-list] R22 Site

Bob Weber ruba1811@hotmail.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:26:18 -0600

George,  That is a great place.  I vacation in South Haven every couple
years.  I took "Ruba" up there last year.  I attached a picture.  It
preformed well on the lake even with some brisk North winds.  I like your
short list of boats - It is an exciting time picking out a boat!! GB made
the process easy and fun.  I Choose the R-22 for trailerability, and because
it's primary home is Carlyle, Ill which is a shallow lake - the swing center
board has helped this absent minded sailor 4 or 5 times already in just one
season.  I am going to take Ruba south this year to Table Rock, Norfork, or
K-Lake.  I intend to take the boat somewhere every year.  Soon as I have my
own tow veh.  I have bigger plans for places like Lake Dillon, Gulf coast of
Fla. ect. As far as trailer sailors go every boat looks huge and heavy in
the rear view mirrow and small an inadequate in 3 foot swells.  It is a
tough compramise to strike.

Good luck

Bob Weber
S/V Ruba