[Rhodes22-list] Actual Rhodes Question - electrical systems

Eaton, Gil GEaton@IKON.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:58:50 -0500

	Hi Wally,
	I'm kinda doing the same thing.  My '93 came with a 6 switch SeaDog
breaker
panel, # 422-800.  I bought another SeaDog, need more circuits for more toys
<g>.  I'm
planning on using buss bars for the negative and terminal strips for the
positive
wiring, then primary wire from the terminal strips to the breaker panels.
Still uncertain about a mounting location, but have a good sized piece of
Starboard, hoping to make a hinged access panel like the bigger boats.
	The attached jpg gave me some ideas, good luck with yours.
	gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Wally Buck [mailto:tnrhodey@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 10:20 AM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Actual Rhodes Question - electrical systems

Some day it will warm up again and I can get started on moving my old fuse
box to a new location. It looks like many have fuse box over the galley. Any

other good locations?

My current box uses fuses; do most of you go with fuses or circuit breakers?

The fuse route seems to be less expensive but when trouble shooting problems

a circuit breaker makes things easier. Any opinions here?

The wires that go into the current fuse box are too short and I am guessing
they are original. My boat is an 84. I would like to replace all of the
current wire. I will use old wire to pull new wire. Do the cabin light wires

through the headliner pull easy? I plan on using high quality marine grade
wire and marine fittings.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,

Wally

Name: epanel1.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 98123 bytes Desc: not available