[Rhodes22-list] Slim's comment

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:49:11 -0600

Sorry Wally--I meat this for Ed.

As Stan says, "And now a word from the left..."

Are you telling me that what I read in the paper about
BJU is inaccurate?  School policy against interracial dating and crap like
that?  This is not the 1950's.  Am I supposed to applaud them just because
they ALLOW minorities to enroll?

> I am more tolerant of them than they of me on the religious
> viewpoint.

Yup! Here, you're making my point for me.

It's just that it's back in the news this week with this Bob Joneser, Jerry
Thacker who calls HIV/AIDS the "Gay Plague" when he, his wife and child all
have HIV themselves.  What an idiot?!  And this is the guy Bush taps for an
AIDS advisory panel.  Fortunately, "Thacker the Cracker" had the sense to
step down.  Bush has really been chasing his tail lately.

When I suggested a tax on companies that require a college degree, and then
excluded BJU, I confess plenty of sarcasm.  The flippant comment aside, I
would only have the tax revenue go back to state colleges and universities
and not private ones--the same as we do now for K-12.  On the other hand, I
think one could use the GI Bill (a great plan--wish they'd bring it back)
money for ANY school, but I don't really know--I wasn't around back then.
But still, I would advocate sending the money only to state-accredited
schools, who can provide more consistent accountability in matters including
civil rights.

Slim