[Rhodes22-list] Change of subject matter. From taxes to war.

Richard and Sherry Day dayz@lisco.com
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:19:45 -0600

  I will chime in with an opinion on this thread since I feel this
supersedes, at the present, any euphoric feelings I have of sailing my
Rhodes. Please feel free to delete.
  I concur with Rummy.  I too, would like more definitive proof of Iraq's
mass weapons' of destructiveness.  We are on the cusp of sending our young
men and women to war.  I think we and they deserve more solid reasons to
possibly lose their lives.
  Many explanations can be/will be/are given to why this war is necessary.
I  personally feel that when the onion is peeled to the core oil shows it's
ugly head.
  When I go with this personal assumption I find it terribly sad.  With our
nation's high degree of scientific know-how and "chutzpa to get the job
done" we have an opportunity for our government to set up a full court press
to develop renewable fuels. This would, I feel, allow our nation (with out
loss of American lives) to tell the Middle East oil country's' to eat our
dust, for we're forging ahead and controlling our own destiny.
  In my mind President Bush has a gift horse in front of him.  His legacy
concerning the nation's push to create viable renewable fuels and it's
ramifications could be compared to John F. Kennedy's pledge to put a man on
the moon and it's spin-off technological benefits that followed.  Richard
Day  s/v Foolish Pleasure