[Rhodes22-list] Show me the beef.

Rik Sandberg sanderico@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:47:28 -0600

Rummy,

I agree with you. War is not a good thing, no matter how you look at it.
Sometimes though, it's the other side that's setting the ground rules and
in order to come out ahead, everyone else must play down to the same level.

I agree with you that nukes are NOT a good idea and should be avoided at
any cost. We have enough conventional weapons to turn Iraq into a glass
parking lot with probably some to spare. The use of nukes should not even
be considered.

I don't think I understand this logic though:

At 11:33 AM 1/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>My BIG concern with going to war with Saddam is that we don't know if he has
>weapons of mass destruction and until we do, we shouldn't be sending our
>troops in there. He has turned these weapons on his own people before and he
>wouldn't care if a few more would lose their lives if it took out thousands
>of Americans.

Would it then be better to wait until Saddam has had a chance to build a
huge arsenal of WMD, rather than the few he probably has now and then go
over and try to take them away from him? Unless I am mistaken, I thought
the point of this war was to stop him before he has time to build a really
big and even more dangerous arsenal. If anybody thinks this guy is
dangerous now; let's just give him a few years along with all that oil
money and see what he turns into. He doesn't have much else to spend it on.
Certainly wouldn't waste any on his own people.

Rik