[Rhodes22-list] Technical Question

Dennis J Sitler djsitler@gmpexpress.net
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:04:15 -0500

Most Batteries that I have seen installed in sail boats are mounted in a
side to side direction rather than a forward to aft direction. I reason this
is so the water in each individual cell will not be affected as much by a
boat healing over because it would be affecting the narrower width rather
than the longer length that could uncover the plates within each cell. I am
looking to position my battery at this time and it would be convenient and
space saving to locate it in a for/aft direction. I know the solution could
be to get a gel-cel, then you could mount it in any position but that isn't
in the picture right now. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions on
this matter. I do have room to locate in the conventional manner.

Thanks in advance.

Denny