[Rhodes22-list] WAR

Paul Grandholm paul@mi.chtechnology.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:21:16 -0500

     I don't want the United States to go to war if it can possibly be
avoided.  I have a hard time believing anybody does.  But I also can't
forget about what happened on 9/11/01.  I cried for days over the
thousands of innocent victims and their families.  I remember hearing
questions about why our government didn't do more to prevent something
like this from happening.  All of the signals and indications were there.

     Now I hear many of those same people saying they need more proof
before we go into Iraq.  I just don't get it.  You can't have it both
ways.  Saddam Hussein is the closest thing to a pathological liar and
madman (along with Osama Bin Laden) since Hitler & Stalin.  Everybody
wanted to negotiate with Hitler and believe he wouldn't really do the
things he ended up doing.  How many times does the world community need
to be lied to before they wake up and recognize someone like that for
what they really are?

     I agree with the administration's stance that is up to Iraq to avoid
war.  It is easy to hide these things in a country the size of California
(or perhaps even in Syria) and then defy the inspectors to find them.
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.  We had documentation from
the previous inspectors that were thrown out four years ago about what
was there.  Now all that stuff is gone and there is no documentation that
it was properly destroyed or disposed of.  Either prove to us that it was
destroyed or show us where it is.  More time is just going to produce
more of the same.  He is thumbing his nose and laughing at the U.N.
(especially France & Germany).

     If Iraq hasn't cooperated by now, why would anyone seriously believe
that they suddenly would if given more time?  If war is inevitable than I
think it makes sense to let our military forces select the most
advantageous timeframe for us to conduct the operation.

Paul

Paul Grandholm
C&H Technology
GrandPower Components Div.