[Rhodes22-list] Political Jokes

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:38:09 -0500

Alex,
     It appears that if the joke is about a conservative, a Republican,
a traditional American, then it is humor.  If the joke is about a
liberal, a Democrat, a feminist, etc, then it is mean spirited.  Go
figure.  You will never get anywhere with that type logic.
                                                   Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of General Boats
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 9:51 AM
To: alexbell@coastalnet.com; The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Joke...

Alex,

The joke about Bush was funny and I enjoyed it.  Thanks.  Michael tells
me
that an announcement in all caps is not emphasis but rather shouting, to
be
avoided in e-mails, so I will use lower case.

You are a very bright young man so I respectfully submit that you do
understand the difference between humor and meanness.  Give me humor
about
my heroes and I will appreciate it.  Meanness, no matter what you label
it,
is a political statement and I will probably be moved to respond - even
when
the other "pinkos" tend to be more silently polite. Blame it on
crotchety
old age - or, a burning passion for freedom of expression that readily
extends to being willing to fight for your freedom of speech (so long as
it
is not in all caps).

stan

Alex Bell wrote:

> FOR ALL THOSE LEFT LEANING, NARROW FOCUSED PEOPLE WHO SCREAM WHEN WE
> HAVE JOKES ABOUT HILLARY, BILL AND THE DASTARDLY CRATS, THIS IS FOR
YOU.