[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu Remote Control & Props

Bill Effros bill@effros.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:14:29 -0500

No, Ed, I prefer them not linked.

My motor is almost always pointing straight--the only exception is extreme
emergencies.  I learn to do every maneuver with the engine in neutral and
enough movement through the water so the tiller and centerboard can do their
job.  Every time I use my motor, I am also honing my sailing skills without
any risk to me, my boat, other people, or their boats.  As a result I can
now sail my way out of situations that would seem like extreme emergencies
if I didn't know what to do next.

Bill Effros

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kroposki" <kroposki@innova.net>
To: "'The Rhodes 22 mail list'" <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 10:24 AM
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu Remote Control & Props

Bill:
     Do you use tiller/motor linkage?
                                      Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Bill Effros
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 7:37 PM
To: R22 List
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu Remote Control & Props

Jim,

Your dealer is mistaken.  My 10 year old Tohatsu is the 8.  The remote
control is easy to set up.  Everything fits perfectly.  I assembled it
on
the water out of necessity.  Nothing fell overboard.

Last time I checked, Tohatsu was making the motors for Nissan.  I assume
that's still true.  Tohatsu has a nice web site.  The remote  control is
shown on this page:

http://www.tohatsu.com/accessories.html

Mine is the brown one pictured, although mine is actually gray.  Also, I
couldn't help but notice that they seem to offer 4 different props they
say
are suitable for this motor.

Just when you think you've got it narrowed down, some joker comes up
with
some more options...

Bill Effros