[Rhodes22-list] Slide track for Rhodes 22 1982

ASNOOCH@aol.com ASNOOCH@aol.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:18:08 EST

Hi Ed....it's Burt .................over in Greenport..

>.... Perhaps you would like to bring your tape measure and micrometer or
just eyeball some of the fittings/riggings/placement of "stuff" ... It's not
rocket science ... however their are some unique placements made in the past
and present .... Lengths of sheets, etc., are somewhat dependent on whether
you wish to get those lines into the cockpit area ... for some single handed
sailing...

...Although the Rhodes is a forgiving ship ... as the wind velocity exceeds
12 kits, ......... if you prepare for it via young willing and able ship rats
need for extended lines etc....deminishes... However as I am over 60 , and
often have a mighty pack of ship rats aboard...more often I'm single handling
her with a few lazy but cute or weak ones aboard. Therefore some of my
dimensions will reflect this .. I have additional cheek blocks, fairleads,
sets of spinlock rope clutches..all that make adjustments rather easy and
rarely require out of cockpit stuff.

...Does your pop-top operate?  (Mast slider) ....
...Do you need a bow pulpit? If so I will most probably be replacing mine,
and will offer it to you in that event. It is all aluminum, all fitting
intact without damage.  Let me know if you are interested and I will put it
aside for you. I'm replacing it with a stainless steel model I was just given
... however, will have to make some modifications.

Spring is just around the corner...however around the corner, under the rock
and down deep ... but on the way up ...
Burt