[Rhodes22-list] State of the Union

Richard and Sherry Day dayz@lisco.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:00:13 -0600

Since you asked.... Neville, Aaron, singing "Tell It Like It Is"......
  (Brad, I'm being facetious here, just trying to spin some humor on a dire
subject), Richard Day

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org]On Behalf Of brad haslett
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 1:48 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] State of the Union

The environment I was in last night was certainly not
the best to watch the State of the Union address (a
hotel bar).  First I thought about taking the Nigerian
bartenders head off for saying, "why do you want to
watch that?".  Then some guy came in and started
bitching about the Flyers hocky game not being on.
Then some Brits came in and started making fun of the
whole thing.  I really wanted to take them on and
remind them we pulled their ass out of the fire twice
in the last century but there was five of them and two
of us.  We moved as close to the big screen as we
could and the volume was pretty loud but sometimes I
wonder if we heard the same speech as others.

W made it pretty clear to me that Saddam has not
accounted for all the known chemical and bio weapons
he's produced.  Hans Blix has said the same thing.  We
know there are plenty of folks in the world that don't
like us, would use anything they could get there hands
on to hurt us, and wouldn't let their religious
differences, fundamentalist or otherwise, get in the
way.  I'm don't think a link between Saddam and Osama
is necessary to justify invading Iraq.  Our need to
take care of Saddam stands by itself.  Hopefully
Powell will convince the rest of the world of this
next week.  Everyone would like to see the problem
resolved without bloodshed but what do they offer as
an alternative, ten more years of sanctions?

Most folks I know are not anxious to see us go to war.
Some want to avoid war at all costs.  To them I must
ask, who would you rather have listened to last night,
Neville Chamberlain declaring "Peace in Our Time"?

Brad Haslett