[Rhodes22-list] joke; in honor of TAX season.

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:59:26 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Scan185@aol.com
To: flyerb777@hotmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 7:07 PM
Subject: (no subject)

I.R.S. Rookie

A bright, young, fresh-out-of-school auditor just joined the IRS,
excited to begin tracking down high-powered offenders- just as the
Enron or WorldCom guys. Anxious for his first high-powered audit, he
was a bit dismayed when his first assignment was to audit a Rabbi.

Looking over the books and taxes were pretty straight forward, and the
Rabbi clearly very frugal, so he thought he'd make his day interesting
by having a little fun with the Rabbi.

"Rabbi," he said, "I noticed that you buy a lot of candles."

"Yes," answered the Rabbi.

"Well, Rabbi, what do you do with the candle drippings?" he asked.

"A good question," noted the Rabbi. "We actually save them up and when
we have enough, we send them back to the candle maker. And every now
and then, they send us a free box of candles."

"Oh," replied the auditor somewhat disappointed that his unusual
question actually had a practical answer. So he thought he'd go on, in
his obnoxious way..."Rabbi, what about all these matzo purchases? What
do you do with the crumbs from the matzo?"

"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi calmly, "we actually collect up all the
crumbs from the matzo and when we have enough, we send them in a box
back to the manufacturer and every now and then, they send a box of
matzo balls."

"Oh," replied the auditor, thinking hard how to fluster the Rabbi.
"Well, Rabbi," he went on, "what do you do with all the foreskins from
the circumcisions?"

"Yes, here too, we do not waste," answered the Rabbi. "What we do is
save up all the foreskins, and when we have enough we actually send
them to the I.R.S."

“The I.R.S.?," questioned the auditor in disbelief.
"Ahh, yes," replied the Rabbi, " the I.R.S. " ..and about once a year,
they send us a little prick like you."