[Rhodes22-list] sail slugs and cover

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:22:40 -0500

Bob,

I had a plate that fit over the slot on a Chrysler 22 mast. It was held
in place with knurled knob screws. I have not seen a plate made for the
R22 mast. Perhaps Dywer Aluminum Mast has one. Their website did not
show one.  You can use a sail track stop that will block the slot and
keep the sail slugs above the slot. That is an easy solution to your
problem. The plate that fills the slot opening has the benefit of
allowing the sail slugs to move down to the boom level.

Alex Bell
BlewDaze R22
Kizmet IP35