[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Echos of Vietnam

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:53:05 -0800 (PST)

"While we shall negotiate freely, we shall not
negotiate freedom."

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is
composed of two characters -- one represents danger
and one represents opportunity."

To those new states whom we welcome to the ranks of
the free: we pledge our word that one form of colonial
control shall not have passed away merely to be
replaced by a far more iron tyranny. We shall not
always expect to find them supporting our view. But we
shall always hope to find them strongly supporting
their own freedom. . .and to remember that. . .in the
past. . .those who foolishly sought power by riding
the back of the tiger ended up inside…

JFK

Brad Haslett