[Rhodes22-list] New Rhodie

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Sat Jul 5 13:55:11 EDT 2003

Hi folks,
  I thought I would introduce myself,before I start asking all the questions.I'm Jerry Lowe,I  live in the country close to Wooster, Ohio, with my wife Carol,and sea dog, Duke (Dalmatian).We also have a golden mix,she is very smart,she won't ride in the car ,let alone get on the boat with me.We became the proud owners of a 1986 R-22 about 3 weeks ago.We put her in Charles Mill lake near Mansfield ,Ohio.A great lake to learn on,9.9 hp limit,mostly pontoon/houseboats, very nice and courteous people , even on the 4th of July it's not very crowded.There is a sailing club on the far end of the lake,but I think they are mostly racing type people,only 1 cruiser moored there,the rest are dry stored,one design racers.
I moved up from a com-pac 16(hi Mary Lou) which was nice,but I just love the Rhodes.All boats should have IMF&furling jib,even with my limited experience,when the winds pick up,I can trim the canvas down to get back to my safety zone.
The sun is starting to peep out and the wind is picking up,it's time to head for the lake.
                                                      fair winds,
                                                        Jerry