[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Under Water

Ware, Joseph W. joseph_ware at merck.com
Tue Jul 8 12:40:30 EDT 2003

I was out this past week with 7 people on board.  4 adults and three kids.
We had tons of wind, and had the genny furled from 100% down to 10% and
still brought water over the rail, as well as across the bow.  My question
is, with this many people in the boat, we had water in the cockpit all day.
Is this normal, and is there any way to change the balance forward to
eliminate the stern from sitting so low?

Joe
s/v Whisper

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey,
USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and
have received this message in error, please immediately return this by
e-mail and then delete it.