[Rhodes22-list] Cushion Upgrades

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:13:44 EDT 2003

We have been spending a bunch of time on the boat and the many nights aboard
have me considering improvements to the cabin cushion mattress. When I sleep
solo I use a Thermo-Rest self-inflating pad for extra support. This is a big
improvement in sleeping comfort. The irregular shape of the birth does not
allow room for two pads. Does anybody have any suggestions for type of
cushion or pad to put on top of cabin cushions to provide additional
comfort?  I am considering cutting some foam (what type???) as a top layer
and storing in the v-birth. We never use the v-birth saving that area for
light gear storage, I have plenty of room up there and I could even store
pad flat.