[Rhodes22-list] Caution! Computer On Board

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Fri Jul 11 12:16:16 EDT 2003

they are do that off shore too, they have a clerk run the martial thought high speed scanners, transmit over the internet and have
the otherside "keypunch" or convert the scans and send back the result, the originals go to storage.

The hot stuff now is in the DC area, the problem is all the stuff needs a security clearance(and can not be outsourced off shore
:-), to get the clearance can take 2 weeks for the simple ones to 6-18 months for the ones they are asking for. worst yet only the
employer get it(that has a DOD need for the information), I can not on my own.  I make to much for someone to "warehouse" me waiting
on clearance. I would love to find a way to get it without giving up the current job, like work part-time, but that bring up a
catch-22, you "flagged" if you want the  clearance.

MJM