[Rhodes22-list] Aero Bed

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Jul 13 12:54:34 EDT 2003

Wally,

We got the "Aero-Bed" (brand name) as an extra bed around the house when we have more people staying over than we have beds.  The original was a plug into the wall model, with its own built in pump.  It pumps the whole thing up very quickly (I would guess a minute or two).  To our surprise, people kept telling us that the Aero Bed was one of the most comfortable beds they had ever slept on.  So we got another, only the second one was the rechargeable battery operated model.  This time both the air pump and the rechargeable battery were built into the bed.  Works like a charm.  A single battery charge is good for multiple pump ups.  I'm pretty sure it will run off 12VDC.

The whole shebang rolls up and fits into a cylindrical carrying bag that is surprisingly small.  It is so convenient that it is constantly on the move--people keep borrowing it and returning it.

I've seen knock-offs, and the original bed looks like it shouldn't cost what they charge.  But maybe the original has patents that the knock-offs don't have.

When I get one on board I'll let you know.  In terms of speed, size, engineering, ease of deployment, comfort, etc. I would guess it will rate as the IMF of boat bunks.

Bill