[Rhodes22-list] I'm Confused Was (Stupid People Tricks)

Christine Allison sailnut at asan.com
Thu Jul 17 14:23:03 EDT 2003

<  What do alcohol burning model airplane engines have to do with gasoline
burning marine engines?>

Nothing... the issue originally was that of the cooling (if any) of a
two-stroke engineas  imparted by the inducted charge.  I had prefaced my
remarks by indicating what I had to say was in the main derived from model
aircraft technology but I felt that this information should be applicable to
marine engines..

Somehow I got diverted from that narrow proposition to a general comparison
of two stroke vs 4 stroke engines particuraly as it relates to the problem
of  efficiently coupling their outputs(s) to a fluid.

Sadly, that's something that does not occur with outboards hanging on
sailboats.

Richard Smith